Sunday, September 20, 2009

This one's for the food

Yes. I may be in love with food. What to do with food for a reception has been on my mind lately. Here are some adorable ideas I have run into:

#1. S'mores station~
I have heard of this but was worried I would need a fire pit in order to make it work. Not exactly. "Three-in-one" dessert makers, $40 each, from CasaModa, bedbathandbeyond.com. Those little sticks remind me of fondue spears.

Photo by Dasha Wright.
#2. Made with ice cream~
Though melting would present a problem, an ice cream sundae station would be adorable. Root beer floats remind me of the treat for after firesides or else I would be in love with that thought.

Photo found here.
#3. Candy Corner~
Although this one has been done so much lately, I still love it. I am trying to think of a new twist I can put on it, which is hard. One idea is putting more "sophisticated" treats with the candy such as chocolate covered pretzels and yogurt covered raisins. (Granted, I would want to have muddy buddies in the mix if I did all sorts of sugary treats.) This does fit the favors category more than the "mandatory" LDS reception food category. As for the candy, I have heard that Candy Warehouse gets your candy at decent prices.

image found here.
#4. Smoothie Spot~
Grab a few blenders and then line up fruits, ice, juices, and yogurt and have your friendly "bartender" mix up drinks. Time consuming depending on how many blenders and bartenders you have. More original than many of the other ones though.

image found here.
#5. Cannoli Corner~
Provide heaping plates of traditional and chocolate shells and pastry bags of sweetened ricotta filling. Guests can pipe in their own filling and dip the ends in chocolate chips. How sweet is that?

image found here.
#6. Apple dipping~
Invite guests to dip freshly made caramel apples into chopped nuts, sprinkles, mini M&M’s and other fun toppings. Or just have them make their own caramel apples.

image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment